Part 1 – What Mitt Romney Wants You to Believe
Part 2 – What the SpeechWriter Thinks
What is Mitt Romney Really Communicating? – Every politician wants the public to believe they are the best for the job and can get things done.
However, no individual can achieve anything in elected office unless they believe certain things about themselves because without those core, personal and identifying beliefs they will not have the intellectual power, the charisma, the social awareness and sensitivity, the negotiation skills or the creativity necessary for success in public office.
In this case, this Mitt Romney:
- Believes they have a good shot for elected office or staying in their current office (if midterm, etc).
- Has an idea of where their town/city/county/state/country needs to be but doesn’t know if they’re instrumental in making that vision a reality.
- Has a sense of destiny for both themselves and the town/city/county/state/country and believes they are the only individual who can make it happen.
- May be considered politically towards the Right by their audience.
- Is targeting a reasonable demographic.
- But not strongly enough to stand out/win/be recognized as leading the pack.
Regarding the real author of this material:
- They don’t think this candidate has a real chance of winning the race.
- They think the candidate should be fact-checked.
The original analysis can be found at Mitt Romney’s 2011-CPAC-Speech Analyzed.
Values Generated Are
- Political Messaging
- I Am Leadership Material – 48.97
- I Am Electable – 51.24
- I Have a Vision – 33.11
- I Have a Vision for This Country – 80.13
- I Am Listening – 37.94
- I Am Listening to You – 50.77
- I Can Lead Us to a Better Place – 100
- I Can Get Us Out of This Problem/Mess/Situation – 72.37
- I Am a Man/Woman of The People – 58.59
- Speechwriter’s Confidence in Candidate’s Success – -59.8516
- Speechwriter’s Determination of How Much BlueSky was in Candidate’s Speech – 17.79443
- Gender Persuasion
- Male – 39.05%
- Female – 60.95%
- Age Persuasion
- ? – 24yo – 18.15%
- 25 – 34yo – 35.23%
- 35 – 44yo – 68.37%
- 45 – 54yo – 35.23%
- 55 – 59yo – 18.15%
- 60 – 64yo – 9.35%
- 65 – 74yo – 4.82%
- 75yo + – 2.48%