Part 1 – What Newt Gingrich Wants You to Believe
Part 2 – What the SpeechWriter Thinks
What is Newt Gingrich Really Communicating? – Every politician wants the public to believe they are the best for the job and can get things done.
However, no individual can achieve anything in elected office unless they believe certain things about themselves because without those core, personal and identifying beliefs they will not have the intellectual power, the charisma, the social awareness and sensitivity, the negotiation skills or the creativity necessary for success in public office.
In this case, Newt Gingrich:
- Has an idea of where their town/city/county/state/country needs to be but doesn’t know if they’re instrumental in making that vision a reality.
- Has a sense of destiny for both themselves and the town/city/county/state/country and believes they are the only individual who can make it happen.
- Is communicating very well to both male and female audiences.
- Is targeting a reasonable demographic.
- But not strongly enough to stand out/win/be recognized as leading the pack.
Regarding the real author of this material:
- They don’t think this candidate has a real chance of winning the race.
- They believe the candidate is on the level most of the time.
The original analysis can be found at Newt Gingrich’s CPAC 2011 Speech Analyzed Analyzed.
Values Generated Are:
- Political Messaging
- I Am Leadership Material – 57.14
- I Am Electable – 66.23
- I Have a Vision – 29.68
- I Have a Vision for This Country – 71.94
- I Am Listening – 49.22
- I Am Listening to You – 56.17
- I Can Lead Us to a Better Place – 100
- I Can Get Us Out of This Problem/Mess/Situation – 89.27
- I Am a Man/Woman of The People – 68.24
- Speechwriter’s Confidence in Candidate’s Success – -55.7061
- Speechwriter’s Determination of How Much BlueSky was in Candidate’s Speech – 14.3786
- Gender Persuasion
- Male – 48.16%
- Female – 51.84%
- Age Persuasion
- ? – 24yo – 8.93%
- 25 – 34yo – 17.35%
- 35 – 44yo – 33.69%
- 45 – 54yo – 65.42%
- 55 – 59yo – 33.69%
- 60 – 64yo – 17.35%
- 65 – 74yo – 8.93%
- 75yo + – 4.6%
Find me on and (and write good things!).
Interested in designing messages, marketing, interfaces and anything else that sticks in people's hearts and minds? Get Reading Virtual Minds Volume II: Experience and Expectation.
Want a whole book that explains how marketing to hearts and minds works? Get Reading Virtual Minds Volume I: Science and History.
Did you enjoy the story telling? Get a whole book of stories: Tales Told 'Round Celestial Campfires.
Interested in marketing to people's hearts and minds? Sign up for our NextStage Irregular Newsletter. Just remember 'graduate, glasses and tie, wrenches'.